Friday, May 13, 2011

13 week Mini Miller update!

We had our second OB appointment today.  It went sooo well!  Not as involved as the first one, but exciting nonetheless.  We heard that sweet heartbeat (a healthy 150 bpm) and got to ask the doctor a bunch of questions...and she FINALLY gave me an Rx to try to kill the heartburn.  (Tums, Prilosec, and Zantac are not even touching it!). I am glad to know that I am 13w4d instead of the 12w5d that I thought I was.  I feel like we just fast-forwarded a week!  That means 2nd trimester starts MONDAY!!!  WOOT!!!

Oh, and the BIG question gets answered on June 17!!  We've already got the ultrasound on the calendar! :)

In case you missed the big event, here are a couple of pictures of Mini Miller from ultrasound #1 at 9 weeks:


We also got to take a private tour of the labor & delivery unit & the women's unit on the hospital floor.  Lisa, our guide, is the childbirth educator at the hospital and was SOOO informative.  She explained everything so thoroughly, from the hospital's procedures and traditions, to what we can expect during labor & delivery and beyond, and kept inviting me to ask questions.  She was great!  I have to admit, I really didn't know what to expect.  I was kinda thinking a tour would sound like "Well, this is where you'll have the baby & this is where you'll stay after you have the baby, end of tour."  I just moved from Wichita, which boasts three first-class birth centers, to NoWhere, USA. I feel SO MUCH better after having seen where I will deliver and being assured that my baby will receive the best care available.

My mother-in-law is the HR hiring person at the hospital, so she was the angel who arranged for our private tour.  (Normally these are group tours offered during a childbirth class at the hospital).   Since Terri knows all the doctors & nurses in L&D (and is obviously VERY well liked!), she seems an obvious choice to me to have in the delivery room with Chris & I, especially since my family isn't local & my mom won't be here for the birth.  The look on Terri's face when I mentioned that I wanted her there was priceless.  This will be her first grandbaby, and that grin lasted a long time!

Here's the baby bump @ 13 weeks:




And just to answer the FAQ's:
1. Yes, I'm sure not due til November.
2. Yes, I know I am already huge.
3. Yes, I am sure I am not having twins.

Til next time!
Lorna

No comments:

Post a Comment