Saturday, August 27, 2011

Roasted Sweet Potato Fries

I made these tonight and they were ah.mazing.  Sorry again for the lack of pictures - I'm really slacking these days!

2-3 whole sweet potatoes, washed and peeled.
1/2 c. olive oil for drizzling
3 tsp sea salt
3 tsp rosemary
3 tsp thyme
black pepper to taste

Preparation:
--Preheat oven to 400*F. Cover two baking sheets with foil.
--Wash & peel sweet potatoes (I don't peel mine). Chop 'em into wedges. Doesn't matter how you do it, and they don't have to be perfect. Just cut them up until you have a whole bowlful of fry-sized chunks.
--Put into a large mixing bowl.
--Drizzle with olive oil (just enough to coat them. Keep shaking the bowl to toss the potatoes & coat them).
--Season to taste with sea salt, black pepper, rosemary & thyme. I was pretty generous with the salt, and my fries were to die for!  Again, keep shaking that bowl to toss the fries and get them good & covered in your seasonings.
--Bake for 40-45 mins or until tender, turning 2-3 times to avoid excessive browning.
--Let them cool just a bit before serving. Might need to eat these with a fork if you are in a hurry to try them - but watch out, because they're HOT!!

No comments:

Post a Comment