I've had a few requests in the last several days for quick & easy recipes. I am no subject matter expert, but I'm trying to accomodate! :)
Tonight I made one of the easiest and quickest recipes I know how to make and thought I'd share. It only takes about 15-20 minutes. Best of all, it only requires ONE pan on the stove for quick cleanup. I make this when my pantry is running low or when I just got back from the grocery store & don't feel like doing much in the kitchen (like today!).
Serves 2-3 people (Chris & I, plus leftovers for Chris' lunch)
What you'll need:
-- 1 lb lean ground beef (as lean as you can get) or turkey
-- 1/2 bag frozen stir-fry veggies (snap pea stir fry is my favorite!)
-- 2-1/4 cups water
-- 2 pkgs Oriental flavor Ramen noodles w/ seasoning
-- sea salt
-- black pepper
-- 1/2 to 1 Tbsp low(er) sodium soy sauce (optional)
1. Brown your beef (or turkey) thoroughly in a large saucepan - deep enough to accomodate all of your ingredients. (Note: Lean beef works the best, with 93/4 being the minimum. Otherwise you end up with too much grease).
2. Pour 1/2 bag of frozen veggies into pan w/ browned beef & stir slightly.
3. Add 2 to 2-1/4 cups water to your pan - enough to cover the meat & veggies and the ramen noodles that will join in a few minutes.
4. Bring to a boil over med-hi heat for 2-3 mins or until veggies are tender.
5. Add Ramen noodles & the oriental flavor seasoning packets. Submerge the noodles in the boiling water with a wooden spoon. (Note: I like to break up the Ramen into fourths before I open the package. This makes it easier to serve.)
6. Reduce heat slightly (keeping a bit of a boil but not quite low enough to simmer) and boil until noodles are cooked.
7. Season to taste with black pepper & sea salt. Stir for about 30 seconds or so to distribute salt/pepper flavors. You may choose to add soy or teriyaki sauce here, if you must, but be careful, because it gets very salty really fast. I highly recommend putting the soy sauce on the table as a condiment instead so that the sodium-conscious at the table can steer clear. :)
Serve hot and enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment